What is this blog ?
This blogs aims to enlighten the reader about bad yet often seen pratices in C++, explainations on how it is bad and ways to avoid it.
You will occasionally see artcles about good pratices instead of bad ones, and sometimes strange-yet-interesting behavior.
Feel free to give opinion, advice, or precisions on these articles.
Who am I ?
I am Thomas Lourseyre, a C++ expert currently working at Thales, France, who has experience on embedded software, signal processing and user sofware.
- How to choose between a setter and a reference-getter?
- You shouldn’t assume accessors are fast
- How many languages should a (C++) expert speak?
- Should every variable be const by default?
- Don’t use raw loops
- Exceptions are just fancy gotos
- Dealing with integer overflows
- A list of bad practices commonly seen in industrial projects
- Lambdas as const ref
- Yet another pamphlet about inlining
- windows.h breaks the standard library (and my will to live)
- Passing an enum by parameter
- About &= and |=